With less than three weeks to go until the Self Assessment deadline at midnight on 31st January 2020, we have some hints and tips for submitting your tax returns and information on how we can help you.
Failure to submit your tax return in time or submitting incomplete or inaccurate information can result in financial penalties!
To submit your tax return for the tax year 2018/19 online you will need:
- Government Gateway user ID
- The password you used when setting up your government gateway
- details of your untaxed income from the tax year, including income from self-employment, dividends and interest on shares
- Any gains from capital disposals, such as property
- records of any expenses relating to self-employment
- any contributions to charity or pensions which might be eligible for tax relief
- P60 or other records showing how much income you received which you’ve already paid tax on.
There are explanations through the Self Assessment online return which you can read by clicking the “?” next to relevant fields.
Once you’ve submitted your Self Assessment tax return, you will be told how much tax and, if you’re self-employed, National Insurance Contributions (NICs) you will need to pay.
How can we help?
Call us now to discuss your situation.
We may recommend one of the below solutions;
We have partnered with KashFlow and created our Scan Van to provide a solution which will mean minimal disruption for you and your business.
- We can visit your workplace or office with our personalised mobile system, where we will scan all your paper documents and then upload them straight to the cloud
- This means that you won’t have to worry about submitting the returns yourself and you can keep your own copy or throw them away
- The whole process will take under an hour
- We can also collect and bring your records into the office so we can complete your returns by hand our self
To find out more information or to book our Scan Van click here.
Cloud accounting is changing the way you do business.
Who is it for?
We have partnered with IRIS software to introduce KashFlow to our clients. Whether you’re a sole trader or limited company cloud accounting can provide you with a quick and easy solution for all your bookkeeping needs. From using your smart phone to take a picture of your receipt to being able to see a real time picture of your finances on the go, cloud accounting can make a huge difference to how you manage your finances.
As a client you will have full access to the following features:
- Stay in complete control of your books
- VAT is automatically updated and can be submitted directly to HMRC
- Pay online – Get paid faster and improve cashflow wherever you are
- Real time reports of your finances
- Upload and store receipts, Invoices and expenses as the touch of a button
If you would like more information on how we can help you complete your Self Assessment return or for a personalised quote click here to contact us.