Business Administration Apprentice
Responsible to: Trina Hall, Ilkley Office Manager Manager
Location: Natwest Bank Chamber, The Grove, Ilkley, LS29 9LS
Working hours: 37.5 a week
Salary: £4.15 an hour (this will increase after passing probation period)
An exciting new opportunity has arisen at our Ilkley practice. We are looking for a ‘Business Administration Apprentice’ to join our team. The Business Administration Apprentice will undertake clerical and administrative duties within the practice reporting to the Office Manager.
This role will transition into an Accountancy Apprenticeship after the successful completion of the Business Administration Apprenticeship. The apprentice will have full study support through all qualifications. This apprenticeship is a brilliant opportunity for any students looking to develop a career in Accountancy or Business Administration.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Receiving and handling phone calls and emails, dealing with queries.
- Providing general administration support such as photocopying, filing, scanning, responding to emails and correspondence.
- Ordering office materials and supplies.
- Producing information data as required, this includes organising documents in relevant files.
- Compiling, maintaining and updating records.
- Undertaking administrative procedures, filing, scanning, writing emails.
- Handling compliance and training documents and procedures.
- Operating relevant equipment/ICT packages (MS Office, Outlook, Excel).
- Undertaking general administration (Updating/Creating spreadsheets, processing data.
- Working on IRIS, KashFlow and Sage company database.
- Updating Client Files and filing client records.
·GCSE (English and Maths grade A*- C or equivalent)
·Preferably completed A levels or waiting for results (preferably completed a business or accountancy type qualification)
·IT skills (MS Office including Excel, PowerPoint and many others)
·An understanding of administrative work
·Willingness to participate in training and development
·Proficient communication skills applicable within an office environment
·Positive “can do” attitude